Features of team management in the organization
During the launch of the work on the project, two top-priority tasks to be solved are: the recruitment of the project team and the organization of its effective work. Correct actions and responsibility at the very start will become the key to achieving your goals.
The team headed by the manager is formed to take care of the project and its implementation for the term of its operation. The team levels – upper and lower – correspond to executives and executors. All of them are highly qualified specialists who have the necessary knowledge and experience to implement the plan. When selecting members of the group, the number and quality of the future composition, psychological compatibility, and the effectiveness of group work are taken into account.
Project Team Management Process
This part of the business scenario development includes:
- Organization and planning;
- Provision of personnel;
- Motivation of labor resources and introduction of control;
- Leadership and coordination of the team.
The common goal for all members, the commitments made, the fulfillment of the mission are the essence of teamwork. At the same time, the management of the team’s effectiveness greatly increases the efficiency, initiative, and creative approach to work. When the group is friendly, it has a common goal and a view of the problems, they trust each other and are responsible to each other and to the general idea, and they are generally more satisfied in the course of work. Such a team will be distinguished by high performance. Management of communication in the team establishes a close relationship and mutual understanding between employees, which positively affects the progress towards the outcome.
Types of team management
The ways of implementing managerial activities will differ depending on the uniqueness of the cultural organization and the structure of the team itself. There are some basic approaches to management issues related to these types of teams:
- Creative – as part of many bright personalities, an unusual approach to work is welcomed, management is carried out by irrational methods;
- “Motor” – fighting qualities of the leader contribute to an atmosphere of intense activity;
- Stable – systematic work in a uniform mode, according to instructions and regulations;
- Club – informal attitude, collective responsibility, very close-knit team.
Focusing on the organizational culture of the team, various types of management are applied:
- Authoritarian – a complete agreement upon the decisions of the project manager;
- Market – orientation to the laws of the market, the main motive – monetary encouragement;
- Bureaucratic – the impact of force orders, regulations and penalties;
- Democratic – joint decision-making, rule-making, work in the spirit of the community;
- Dialogue – distribution of regulatory functions among several subjects of management.
Methods for managing the team
To achieve the effectiveness of the team management activities, you need to use several effective methods:
- Observation and discussion – to monitor the work and moods within the team;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of activities for the implementation of work – identification of problem areas and the designation of measures to eliminate them;
- Settlement of conflict situations – use of methods of smoothing, compromise, elimination of a problem or evasion;
- Logging is a visual form of solving various issues.
The application of the totality of all methods and tools of team management will lead to the best results of the team’s performance and the implementation of the plan.